HRM 500 Week 6 Assignment 2 STR Latest
HRM 500 Assignment 2 – Organizational Structure
To achieve high-quality performance, organizations have to match job requirements with people. A job analysis is used to acquire detailed information about jobs. In addition, the job analysis is critical in determining the selection of qualified candidates, the design of a job, staffing and training needs, performance appraisals, and compensation.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Analyze three (3) elements of a job analysis, and discuss its significance to the hiring and employee development aspects of human resource management.
- Describe the importance of the position analysis and questionnaire (PAQ). Propose two (2) ways that the results of a PAQ can be used by human resource managers for work redesign of a customer service job to make it more efficient and to improve quality.
- Develop two (2) strategies that a human resource professional can use in the selection of qualified applicants for a customer service position based on the Fleishman Job Analysis System.
- Consider the job of a customer service representative who handles consumer inquiries for a company that sells items online and by catalog. Examine two (2) challenges of designing this job for efficiency. Propose two (2) suggestions for how the job can be redesigned to make it more efficient.
- Propose three (3) ways the human resource manager can use the information obtained from a job analysis to measure the performance of the customer service representatives.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.