EMM 641 Grand Canyon Week 1 Complete Work
EMM 641 Grand Canyon Week 1 Discussion 1
Several definitions of terrorism have been examined in this module. What is the difference between a criminal and a terrorist? How can they be the same?
EMM 641 Grand Canyon Week 1 Discussion 2
How does the terrorist threat affect Emergency Management? What issues can arise from dealing with terrorism from an emergency management perspective?
EMM 641 Grand Canyon Week 1 Assignment Latest
Terrorists and violent extremists impose a nearly constant threat to communities around the globe. For this reason, it is vitally important for emergency managers to understand the threat of terrorism. This assignment requires you to examine the relationship between terrorism and violent extremism and determine how these relate to society, in general, and emergency management, in particular.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Instructors will be using a grading rubric to grade the assignments. It is recommended that learners review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment in order to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
- Complete the readings for this module prior to beginning this assignment.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center. Only Word documents can be submitted to Turnitin.
Write a 750-1,000-word paper that addresses the following:
- Discuss the relationship between terrorism and violent extremism.
- Explain the difference between a left-wing terrorist group and a right-wing terrorist group. What is unique about each of their histories? What is unique about each of their philosophies?
- Examine modern terrorism and terrorist activities. What are their implications on society? What are their implications for emergency management?