ECE 312 WEEK 2 PROGRAM AND CURRICULUM PLANNING
Program and Curriculum Planning. The word program in early childhood education refers to “the planning of the curriculum, which also includes the instructional practices, the daily schedule, the routines for caring for children, and the recreational activities, such as outdoor play” (Gadikowski, 2013, section 4.1). Educational administrators are the instructional leaders of their schools and centers primarily in the planning of curriculum. For this assignment, you will choose a particular age group (infants, toddlers, or preschoolers) and design (outline) a program that is developmentally appropriate.
Please review the following website for an example: Primrose School at East Lake
In your paper:
- Explain how the role of the administrator in program and curriculum planning is different from that of theteacher.
- Briefly describe the learning and developmental needs of your chosen age group.
- Analyze how your program will address the cognitive, social, emotional, and physical development ofchildren in this age group (give specific curricular ideas for each area of development) as well asclassroom management and the daily schedule.
- Explain how your program aligns with the philosophy, vision, and mission statements you created inWeek One.
- Discuss how your program aligns with NAEYC’s indicators of effective curriculum, as outlined inChapter 4 and found in the article, “Where We Stand on Curriculum, Assessment, and Program Evaluation.”
The paper should be 5 to 6 pages in length, in addition to the title page and the reference page. Use atleast one scholarly source in addition to your text and the NAEYC article. Your paper should also be formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.